Winooski Nature Trail
View Connector Trails
From the roundabout in Winooski, turn onto East Allen Street (Route 15 East). The parking lot and trailhead are just off East Allen Street, 200 feet west of the railroad tracks.
This is a very scenic trail that goes along the Winooski River to the falls, with rock cliffs and the railroad trestle crossing the river. It's generally well-maintained and easy to walk, except for a few steep inclines. An enjoyable and worthwhile walking experience.
Features of this trail include:
- Nature close to home
- Wildflowers, scenic views and fishing
- Start of 8 mile canoe trail to Lake Champlain
- On bus line
- Nearby restaurants
- Parks are free and open from dawn to dusk
- The park welcomes hikers, anglers, paddlers, skaters, ice fishermen, birders, and naturalists
- Dogs on leashes only
- Not a staffed facility, enjoy at your own risk
- Carry in, Carry out
- Take only pictures and leave only footprints
- No mountain bikes
- No motor vehicles
- No discharge of firearms
- No hunting or trapping
- No open fires of glass bottles
- No motorized boats (including electric motors)
Visit Winooski Valley Park District online for more information or contact:
Winooski Valley Park District
Ethan Allen Homestead
Burlington, VT 05408
Phone: (802) 863-5744
Check for nearby geocaches to Winooski Nature Trail.
Leave No Trace Principle
Avoid unwanted animal guests: store your food and trash securely and keep your camp clean of crumbs and spills.