Bluffside Farm Ski Trail
View Connector Trails
North Country Hospital - From downtown Newport, head north on US-5 for 0.4 miles. Continue straight onto Union street. After 1 mile, turn left onto Prouty Drive. Parking is at the hospital on the right after 0.2 miles.
Bluffside Farm - From downtown Newport, head north on US-5 for 0.4 miles. Continue straight onto Union street. After 1 mile, turn right on Bluff Road and proceed for 0.3 miles. Turn left on Scott Farm Drive. Parking will be on the right in front of the sugar house. Do not park at the farmstead or on the fields.
Bluffside Farm was conserved by the Vermont Land Trust (VLT) in 2015. In 2018, VLT started partnering with Memphremagog Trails to provide access to a groomed loop through the fields and forests of the property. The trail can be accessed either from the farm or from North Country Hospital. It is relatively easy and usable by beginner skiers. For trail conditions, visit the Memphremagog Trails website.
Public access guidelines:
- This property is being actively farmed – please stay off the hayfields and respect
and stay clear of farm equipment and all fences.
- Pedestrian access only - no motorized vehicles, bicycles or horses.
- Travel is at your own risk.
- Daytime use only - no access between sunset and sunrise.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times and please clean up after your pet.
- Please carry in and carry out – there are no trash receptacles on the property.
- Do not enter any buildings.
- No alcohol on the property.
- Please read and respect any signs you see directing uses or activities on the
For more information on the trails at Bluffside Farm, visit the Memphremagog Trails website or contact:
Memphremagog Trails (MSTF)
PO Box 1457
Newport, VT 05855
Check for nearby geocaches to Bluffside Farm Ski Trail.
Leave No Trace Principle
Plan Ahead and Prepare
Be prepared for extreme weather. Bring rain/wind gear, warm clothing, and matches/fire starters.