Salmon Hole Park
View Connector Trails
The trailhead parking lot is on Riverside Avenue in Burlington, just 200 yards before the bridge to Winooski.
Located between Chittenden County's most urban areas, this trail offers great views of Winooski Falls and historic mill buildings. The trailhead is just a short walk from Winooski's charming downtown area along the popular Riverside Avenue Path. After descending away from the avenue, you'll find pleasant footpaths with benches to rest on. Once closer to the river, visitors can scramble across large open rocks that form the river's edge, perfect for sunbathing or picnicking. Down river, the Salmon Hole trail merges with the River Walk to Salmon Hole Trail, which follows the riverbanks to Intervale Road.
Highlights of this trail include:
- Nature close to home
- Wildflowers, scenic views and fishing
- Start of 8 mile canoe trail to Lake Champlain
- On bus line
- Nearby restaurants
- Parks are free and open from dawn to dusk
- The park welcomes hikers, anglers, paddlers, birders, and naturalists
- Dogs on leashes only
- Not a staffed facility, enjoy at your own risk
- Carry in, Carry out
- Take only pictures and leave only footprints
- No mountain bikes
- No motor vehicles
- No discharge of firearms
- No hunting or trapping
- No open fires of glass bottles
- No motorized boats (including electric motors)
Visit Winooski Valley Park District online for more information or contact:
Winooski Valley Park District
Ethan Allen Homestead
Burlington, VT 05408
Phone: (802) 863-5744
Check for nearby geocaches to Salmon Hole Park.
Leave No Trace Principle
Plan Ahead and Prepare
Tell someone your plan and when you’ll return, just in case.