Winooski Gorge Natural Area
View Connector Trails
From Saint Michael's College on VT Route 15, turn onto Lime Kiln Road. Parking is on right just after the bridge.
Trail can also be accessed on the other side from South Burlington via Airport Parkway or National Guard Avenue. Take either of these roads to the north/northwest, they merge and flow onto Lime Kiln Rd. Parking is on left before the bridge.
Wooded trail. Follow iron railing to the left and steep trail descends to Winooski River. Following railing to the right brings you to an observation platform overlooking the gorge below and underside of bridge.
- Parks are free and open from dawn to dusk
- The park welcomes hikers, anglers, paddlers, skaters, ice fishermen, birders, and naturalists
- Dogs on leashes only
- Not a staffed facility, enjoy at your own risk
- Carry in, Carry out
- Take only pictures and leave only footprints
- No mountain bikes
- No motor vehicles
- No discharge of firearms
- No hunting or trapping
- No open fires of glass bottles
- No motorized boats (including electric motors)
Visit Winooski Valley Park District online for more information or contact:
Winooski Valley Park District
Ethan Allen Homestead
Burlington, VT 05408
Phone: (802) 863-5744
Check for nearby geocaches to Winooski Gorge Natural Area.
Leave No Trace Principle
Be Considerate of Other Visitors
Be aware of and limit the noise you and your group generate. Enjoy the sounds of nature.