Muddy Brook Park
View Connector Trails
From Route 15 in Colchester, turn onto Lime Kiln Road. Take the second left after Lime Kiln Bridge onto National Guard Avenue. Follow 1.5 miles onto Poor Farm Road. The parking lot is on the left.
From South Burlington, take Route 2 east, past the highway. Turn left onto White Street. Then turn left onto Airport Parkway and follow for 1.3 miles. Turn right onto National Guard Avenue. Follow 1.5 miles onto Poor Farm Road. The parking lot is on the left.
This is a short wooded, fern-covered trail parallel to the Winooski River. It's a great spot for bird-watching and picnicking. Grassy fields are good for recreation.
Leashed dogs are allowed but bikes are not.
- Parks are free and open from dawn to dusk
- The park welcomes hikers, anglers, paddlers, skaters, ice fishermen, birders, and naturalists
- Dogs on leashes only
- Not a staffed facility, enjoy at your own risk
- Carry in, Carry out
- Take only pictures and leave only footprints
- No mountain bikes
- No motor vehicles
- No discharge of firearms
- No hunting or trapping
- No open fires of glass bottles
- No motorized boats (including electric motors)
Visit Winooski Valley Park District online for more information or contact:
Winooski Valley Park District
Ethan Allen Homestead
Burlington, VT 05408
Phone: (802) 863-5744
Check for nearby geocaches to Muddy Brook Park.
Leave No Trace Principle
Minimize Campfire Impacts
Follow State and local fire regulations and check the current fire danger level before you go camping.