Mascoma River Greenway
View Connector Trails
Heading westbound on Mechanic Street, turn left onto Slayton Hill Road, and take an immediate right onto Mascoma Street. Access this trail via a short packed gravel connector trail off Mascoma Street (just west of Slayton Hill Road).
From High Street in Lebanon, continue south towards Mechanic Street; immediately after passing Mascoma Street, turn right onto the trail.
The Mascoma River Greenway (MRG) is envisioned as a 4-mile bicycle and pedestrian non-motorized, separated pathway connecting Lebanon with West Lebanon.
The first mile of the MRG, which officially opened January 31st, 2010, extends the Northern Rail Trail from downtown Lebanon at High Street, westbound to the Slayton Hill Road/Mascoma Street rail bridge.
The alignment and land access negotiations for the remaining 3.5 mile section of proposed trail continues with high hopes of reaching a proposed riverside park at the former Westboro Rail Yard in West Lebanon in coming years.
The Mascoma River Greenway Coalition envisions a riverfront pathway that:
- Provides a connection to a regional, human-powered transportation network
- Encourages Lebanon citizens to engage in active lifestyles
- Contributes to the local and regional economy
- Serves as a catalyst for future pathway development
- Includes art on the trail
- Is part of a system of connected multi-use trails and public access that will provide a combination of in-town and natural area experiences within Lebanon and the Upper Valley region
Visit Mascoma River Greenway online for more information or contact:
Lebanon Recreation & Parks Department
51 North Park Street
Lebanon, NH 03766
Phone: (603) 448-5121
Check for nearby geocaches to Mascoma River Greenway.
Leave No Trace Principle
Keep your pets under control at all times, to protect both them and wild animals, fragile environments, and the enjoyment of other visitors.