Fairfax Recreational Trail
From I-89, take Exit 18 (Georgia Center/Fairfax). Turn right on Ethan Allen Highway (US-7). Turn left on Highbridge Road (VT-104A). Bear right on Main Street (VT-104). Turn right on Hunt Street. Parking on the left.
A mix of easy paved and unpaved trails through recreation fields, natural areas, and historic sites.
Field Use and Park Rules
- Pets welcomed if owner maintains control at all times and cleans up after the animal.
- Park only in designated parking areas.
- Fires are prohibited unless prior arrangements have been made with the Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department in addition to the issuance of a burning permit from the town.
The Following are Prohibited:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Use of other controlled substances
- Motorized vehicles
- Foul, offensive, or abusive language
- Blocking or tampering with emergency access gates
Visit Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department online for more information or contact:
Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department
Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department; PO Box 27
Fairfax, VT 05454
Phone: (802) 849-2641
Check for nearby geocaches to Fairfax Recreational Trail.
Leave No Trace Principle
Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
Camp at least 200 feet from lakes and streams.