Little Country Hills
View Connector Trails
Shelburne Village Green across from Shelburne Country Store, just off Route 7.
This ride contains many climbs but they are not long and the downhills are nice. From Shelburne Village the route goes quickly through suburban neighborhoods to country homes and then into farm country before reaching Hinesburg. The reverse occurs as you return to Shelburne.
- 0.0 miles: Start at Shelburne Green across from Shelburne Country Store. Head south on Falls Road.
- 0.7 miles: Continue straight onto Mt. Philo Road at 4-way stop signs.
- 4.5 miles: Left on Charlotte-Hinesburg Road to Hinesburg at red blinking light.
- 9.1 miles: At intersection with Baldwin Road, bear left to stay on Charlotte Road.
- 9.4 miles: At intersection with Leavensworth Road, bear right to stay on Charlotte Road.
- 10.5 miles: Left on Route 116 (food).
- 11.4 miles: Left on Shelburne-Hinesburg Road at traffic light.
- 15.3 miles: Bear right.
- 15.7 miles: Left on Irish Hill Road at 4-way stop.
- 16.8 miles: Straight at Spear Street and 4-way stop and down steep hill.
- 17.8 miles: Right on Falls Road at 4-way stop.
- 19.1 miles: End at Shelburne Green.
A nice extension to this ride is to ride from the center of Shelburne out to Shelburne Point past Shelburne Farms along Harbor Road. Out and back is 9.1 miles.
The Shelburne Museum entrance is on Route 7 south of the starting point at the top of the hill. It is best reached by following the route described above and turning right at the 0.7 point and then turning right on Route 7 at the traffic light. You may wish to park there and visit the museum before or after your ride. In Hinesburg, you may ride right past the cheese factory which is on the left of Route 116, but it is there.
This is a designated Lake Champlain Bikeways loop, part of a 1,300+ mile network of bicycle routes. The Champlain Bikeway offers a 363-mile principal route around the entire Lake and along the Richelieu River to Chambly, Québec. This loop is one of many that provide 992 additional miles along a vast network of quiet back roads.
Visit Lake Champlain Bikeways online for more information and a printable map or contact:
Lake Champlain Bikeways
c/o Local Motion, 1 Steele Street #103
Burlington, VT 05401
Phone: (802) 652-2453
Check for nearby geocaches to Little Country Hills.
Leave No Trace Principle
Dispose of Waste Properly
Keep the Twin States (Vermont & New Hampshire) green and clean! Pick up trash, even if it's not yours. Leave soon-to-be trash like excess packaging, stickers, and twist ties at home.